Linux Mint 14 ( Nadia) was released with few major changes to it’s features. The new release promises enhanced stability, better user experience and few new features like MATE 1.4 ( Bugs fixed), Cinnamon 1.6 ( much stability) and MDM.
The Linux Mint 13 ( Maya) users can still bring the significant improvements of Nadia to their system by just backporting.
To backport Nadia to Maya :
1. Go to Menu -> Preferences -> Software Sources
2. Select ” LinuxMint Software” tab in the window.
3. Under ” Downloadable from the internet”, select checkbox ” Backported packages (backport)”.
4. Make sure above three checkboxes are selected.
5. Close the window and open “Update Manager” from ” Preferences”.
6. Select all upgrades under “level 1″ and “level 2″ and then click on “Install updates” under same window.
7. After it completes the upgrading process, restart the system.
8. That’s all enjoy