VLC media player is a free open source media player which is capable of playing almost any type of media files and various streaming protocol.In this article I will discuss that how you can capture audio stream with VLC media player.
- First of all you should have VLC media player installed in your system.
- In VLC player open Media tab from the tab.
- From the drop down menu select Open network stream or just open network stream with shortcut key CTRL+N.
- A new window will pop under Network menu tab.
- Select the Protocol as HTTP if you want to capture and record online streaming audio.
- In the address space copy your streaming audio webpage URL and paste there.
- After that you go to the bottom of that pop window and select play.
- Now it will play the live streaming audio from the web page.
- But if you have complete the above task and still want to save that audio stream then go to the VLC media playlist.
- There you will see the streaming URL link in the playlist.
- Right click on the playlist and click on the “save”
- When you will save the VLC will ask for the file location.Just give the location where you want to save your audio.
- Save the audio with name and.mp3 extension for example, mymusic.mp3.
- When you want to stop streaming and save the video streamed so far ,just click on the stop button and it will save the streamed audio.
- Now you can close the VLC player and play the file from the location where you saved it.